PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS AS DETAILED BELOW. INSTRUCTIONS ARE THE SAME WHETHER YOU ARE A NEW APPLICANT OR A RENEWAL
The Sheriff of Wyoming County issues License to Carry Firearms (guns) to Wyoming County residents and residents of other states who possess a valid License to Carry issued by their home state as well.
We are processing applications by MAIL/DROP-OFF ONLY at this time. Once we process your application and you are approved, we will call you to schedule an appointment. You will be required to appear in person to complete the process (via appointment) within 45 days.
WALK-INS are NOT accepted at this time.
- Applicant must be 21 years of age
- Pennsylvania applicants/renewals must be a resident of Wyoming County!
- Out of state residents must possess a current License to Carry in your state of residence
- References may not be family members or anyone residing at the same address
- Wyoming County applicant must provide Driver’s License or DMV issued Identification Card with current address
- Out of state applicants must provide a copy of the front and back of their Driver’s License or DMV issued ID card and a copy of the front and back of License to Carry in home state.
- $5.00 Check or Money Order payable to Wyoming County Sheriff MUST accompany each application in order to process!
- An additional $15.00 fee will be charged when your license is approved. This will need to be paid when you come into the office to get your picture taken and may be paid by check, money order, or credit/debit card. Additional processing fee will be added when using a credit/debit card.
- Returned checks will be charged an $18.00 bank fee and $30.00 Sheriff’s office fee payable by money order only.
MOST COMMON ERRORS: Not including page 2 of the application (even though you don’t fill anything out on page 2, it is part of the application); Incomplete applications (The only box that is optional is social security number); Not including a copy of your driver’s license with current address (this delays the processing of your application); not including a phone number that we can reach you at; and not signing the application.
WYOMING COUNTY RESIDENTS: Please include your completed application (2 pages), a copy of your driver’s license/state ID card – must contain your current address, and a copy of your current/expired license to carry (only needed for renewals). Please complete ALL sections of the application, sign and date. Missing information will delay processing. Effective immediately, a check or money order for $5.00 payable to the Wyoming County Sheriff MUST accompany your application in order to process your application! Once approved, we will notify you to schedule your appointment to appear in person to complete the process. This must be completed within 45 days of approval. Please contact us at 570-996-2265 with any questions.
OUT OF STATE RESIDENTS:
In order to obtain a License to Carry from our office, you must have a current License to Carry from your state of residence. Please fill out the application below (2 pages – front and back) and mail it to our office along with a copy (front and back) of your Drivers License and a copy (front and back) of the License to Carry from your state. Please complete ALL sections of the application, sign and date. Missing information will delay processing. Effective immediately, a check or money order for $5.00 payable to the Wyoming County Sheriff MUST accompany your application in order to process your application. Once approved, we will notify you to schedule your appointment to appear in person to complete the process. This must be completed within 45 days of approval. Please contact us at 570-996-2265 with any questions.
Appointments available Monday-Friday 8:30 am – 3 pm
Wyoming County Sheriff
1 Courthouse Square
Tunkhannock, PA 18657