*** LICENSES THAT EXPIRED ON MARCH 19, 2020 OR LATER HAVE BEEN EXTENDED TO DECEMBER 31, 2020 BY ORDER OF GOVERNOR WOLF***
The Sheriff of Wyoming County issues License to Carry Firearms (guns) to Wyoming County residents and residents of other states who possess a valid License to Carry issued by their home state as well.
WYOMING COUNTY RESIDENTS: WE DO NOT ACCEPT EMAILS. WE DO NOT ACCEPT WALK-INS. We are processing applications by mail only at this time or you may drop your paperwork off at our security desk. Please include your completed application (2 pages), a copy of your driver’s license/state ID card – must contain your current address, and a copy of your current/expired license to carry (only needed for renewals). Please complete ALL sections of the application, sign and date. Missing information will delay processing. If paying your fee by check or money order, please include that with your application. We will notify you within 45 days to schedule your appointment to complete the process. Please contact us at 570-996-2265 with any questions.
OUT OF STATE RESIDENTS:
In order to obtain a License to Carry from our office, you must have a current License to Carry from your state of residence. Please fill out the application below (2 pages) and mail it to our office along with a copy (front and back) of your Drivers License and a copy (front and back) of the License to Carry from your state. WE DO NOT ACCEPT EMAILS. WE DO NOT ACCEPT WALK-INS. Please complete ALL sections of the application, sign and date. Missing information will delay processing. We will notify you within 45 days to schedule your appointment to appear in person to complete the process. Please contact us at 570-996-2265 with any questions.
- Applicant must be 21 years of age
- Pennsylvania applicants must be a resident of Wyoming County
- Out of state residents must possess a current License to Carry in your state of residence
- References may not be family members or anyone residing at the same address
- Applicant must provide Driver’s License or DMV issued Identification Card with current address
- License fee: $20.00 Check or Money Order payable to Wyoming County Sheriff or $21.95 Credit/Debit card. WE DO NOT ACCEPT CASH!
Wyoming County Sheriff
One Courthouse Square
Tunkhannock, PA 18657