FraudSleuth is a user-friendly tool designed to help detect possible fraudulent activity in Wyoming County land records. As part of this service, you may sign up to receive an email notification whenever a real estate document is recorded in your name at the Recorder of Deeds office. To setup your personal email alert, follow the steps below.
1. Login to the Recorder of Deeds Search site (wycopa.org) using your registered user account.
If you do not have an account, click the “Create New User Account” button to create an account.
2. Once you have logged in, click “Preferences” in the menu across the top.
3. In the FraudSleuth Preferences section, click “Configure FraudSleuth Profile”
4. Create a profile for each name you would like to monitor.
* You must create a separate profile for each version of your name –
first/last, first/middle/last, first/middle initial/last, etc. You may also want
to create profiles for any nicknames or alternate spellings of your name.
Names must be an exact match to the recorded document in order to
receive an email alert.
* Do not use periods or commas in the names.
5. When you have finished creating profiles, click Save at the top right corner to save all changes.
6. You will receive an email notification whenever a document is recorded under any of the exact
names you entered.
Note: Please be aware that there may be other landowners in Wyoming County with the same name. A notification simply alerts you whenever a document is filed in a certain name. It does not necessarily indicate that fraud has been committed. If you have questions or suspect fraud has been committed, please call our office at 570-996-2361 or email us using the contact form on this page and we can direct you to the proper agency.