Wyoming County operates a recycling center located on Route 92 S. The center is reached by entering at the Tunkhannock Township Municipal Building.
The Wyoming County Recycling Center is open Monday thru Friday
7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Only 5 Bags per week per household maximum and no truckloads will be accepted until further notice.
- You must wear a face mask and social distance.
- Recyclables must be clean and dry.
- Please do not bring recyclables to the center until they have been at your home or business for a minimum of five days.
- The weekend drop-off will be on limited days and hours. Please call first to find out days and hours 570-836-0729.
- The weekend drop-off is for the residents that cannot make it during our business hours.
- Please do not misuse it or we will have to stop the weekend drop off until further notice.
- Anyone that is caught dropping off garbage or unacceptable items will be prosecuted.
If Guidelines are not followed, we may be forced to shut down services again.
Recycling Coordinator/Waste Director
Hours of Operation
The center is open from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm Monday through Friday.
The current weekend drop off hours are Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
|January 1||New Years Day|
|Monday, February 15, 2021||Presidents’ Day|
|Friday, April 2, 2021||Good Friday|
|Monday, May 31, 2021||Memorial Day|
|Monday, July 5, 2021||Independence Day (Observed)|
|Monday, September 6, 2021||Labor Day|
|Monday, October 11, 2021||Columbus Day|
|Thursday, November 11, 2021||Veterans’ Day|
|Thursday, November 25, 2021||Thanksgiving|
|Friday, November 26, 2021||Thanksgiving (Black Friday)|
|Friday, December 24, 2021||Christmas Eve|
|Saturday, December 25, 2021||Christmas Day|
|Monday, December 27, 2021||Christmas (Monday)|
Buy Recycled Just Ask For It!
Recycling helps preserve our environment, supports our economy and can save you money. The best way to really make recycling work is to use recycled products and packaging. It’s up to you to close the recycling loop.
Use your Purchase Power.
Buy products made from recyclables.
Learn what you can do to buy recycled.
• Use your Purchase Power and buy household products and packages made from recycled materials.
• Harness the many opportunities at school to teach students to buy recycled and use recycled supplies.
• At work, as a builder or on the farm, you have many opportunities to buy recycled products.
• All levels of government have tremendous buy recycled Purchase Power