In-take & in-home services
• Child Protective Services – agency investigates reports of neglect and abuse. Services are provided to the children and their families to improve family functioning and to assure children’s safety.
• Adoption Services – casework services for parents, placement service for the child, adoptive home studies for the court, public, and private agencies.
• Referrals to other community social services i.e.: mental health, drug & alcohol, nurse family partnership program, and family resource center
• Family preservation – counseling and supportive services for emergency and crisis situations to prevent placement of children and to improve family functioning.
• Parenting program – education and support for parents.
• Independent living – services to teenagers struggling to become an adult.
• Multisystemic therapy – therapeutic service to adolescents who are exhibiting delinquent behaviors.
Community based placements
• Foster family care – a substitute family when a child has to be removed from his or her home due to the issues of abuse.
• Kinship care – placement of a child with relatives when parents are unable to care for the child due to issues of abuse and/or neglect.
• Group home – purchased placement services for children who need more structure than foster care provides.
• Juvenile detention – short-term placement of delinquents.
• Residential – purchased placement for children/youth who need twenty-four-hour supervision and care.
• Secure residential – purchased placement services for delinquents who need a secure residential setting.